Objectives and Targets for 2015: Canfor
Forestry and Manufacturing
- Reduce the number of harvest and road trespasses by 10%.
- Reduce the number of riparian management incidents by 10%.
- Reduce the number of occurrences of sedimentation and/or disruption of water flow in fish bearing streams by 10%.
- Reduce the number of incidents where herbicide is applied outside of a treatment area by 10%.
- Reduce the number of forestry fuel management incidents by 10%.
- Continue efforts to establish sustainable solutions to historical and ongoing wood residue accumulations of woody debris at our sawmill sites.
- Test a higher capacity log yard debris and screening system at one sawmill to reduce landfill quantities. If successful, implement it at other sawmills.
- Continue implementing our energy use reduction plan for solid wood facilities, including a 10% reduction in electricity use per unit of sawmill production over 2015 and 2016.
- Achieve a company-wide medical incident rate of 2.0 or lower.
- Introduce a safety monitor program to communicate safety updates and other important information, and test it in several facilities.
- Expand partnerships with First Nations through activities coordinated through a company-wide First Nations Working Group.
- Host community events in all of our operating communities.
- Meet with mayor of each operating community.
- Establish high school scholarships for forestry and trades related studies in all of our operating communities.
- Support the 2015 Canada Winter Games for our north central BC communities, including a program for high school students.
- Continue to enhance the new skills development and training program to facilitate effective and safe performance of tasks.